Monday, November 25, 2013

Lukewarm...Yuck!

Have you ever noticed how a lot of foods, when eaten at room temperature, don't taste as great as they do when eaten hot or cold? For example, in my opinion, fried chicken taste great hot, great cold, and not as great when sitting at room temp. Or take pizza for example, it's good hot, but even better cold, and just alright at room temp.  Now if I were a scientist, and don't worry I'm not, I'd also mention the obvious health concerns associated with foods sitting at room temperature. Most importantly bacteria multiplies at ridiculous rates when foods are left sitting in a lukewarm state which can lead to sickness.

I say all of this to say things just taste better and are better for you when you make a clear decision as to how you want to eat them, whether hot or cold. This same concept applies when setting out to attain any goal in life, whether weight loss or something else. You need to either be all in or all out because halfway may actually do more damage than good.

Yo Yo dieting is actually a detriment to your metabolism, motivation, and self esteem. For me, every failed attempt at some "lose weight quick" scheme or established program actually made it harder for me to commit and give 100% to the next attempt. Which explains why I've been doing this blog off and on over the last 3 years with very little weight loss.

So what's different this time?  

This time, unlike the other times, I'm working on changing my mindset. I'm changing my thought processes and how I approach life. This is no easy task, but I'm choosing to live life with no gray area when it comes to most things. Now of course there may be a need for a gray area someplace in my life, I can't think of where right now, but I want to make it clear that I'm not turning into a militant "all or nothing" type of person.

I'm saying I'm committing today and the rest of my life to invest 100% of my efforts into total body health. Of course I may have a few set backs, but I commit to never giving up.

The Bible even identifies that to be lukewarm is distasteful to God. In Revelations 3:15-16 God says His desire is for us to be hot or cold and for those who are neither one He will spit them out of His mouth! 

Think about other areas of your life, would you like a "lukewarm" friend? Someone who treats you as a friend sometimes and sometimes acts as though they barely know you. Or what about a "lukewarm" mate? Someone who treats you as if you're their everything one minute and they could care less about you the next minute.

To be lukewarm is just a waste of time and energy. Thus far (for 2 weeks) I've stuck to my 3 days a week 60 minute cardio sessions. I will increase this weeks workout schedule by one day. On the 4th day I will do 30 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of strength training. My eating habits over this past two weeks have been AMAZING! I've even surprised myself. I'll include a link to a blog that has supplied me with my most recent recipes (http://jennycollier.com/?p=7999).

If you're enjoying the reading, don't forget to follow the blog, share the blog, and shout from the roof tops about how much you love the blog!

Lastly, If you're a fat chic like me stay motivated, be encouraged, and know that inside of every fat chic is a skinny chic waiting to come out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment