Monday, November 11, 2013

Life's too short to...

It's been 1 year since my last blog entry, but 2013, for me is a year of total body health...blah, blah, blah, blah, yea, uh huh, blah, blah, blah, blah, oh ok, blah, blah, huh, hmmmm...

If you've read past blog entries, personally spoken to me over the past 31 years, or have a speech of your own that's similar to the one above welcome. Or if this is your first exposure to the fat chick, hello, nice to meet you, hope that you check back in next week to see what else we'll be up to.

Now that we've gotten the pleasantries out of the way lets talk about the real deal.

Being fat stinks! It's another year and another health plan has been set in motion. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster for fat people and I really, really, REALLY wanna get off. Life's too short to be unhappy, which is the foundation of obesity (unhappiness).

Well this is the year of reconstruction; total body health. When a structure is needing to be reconstructed there are aspects that are in "good" or even "great" shape, but there are parts that need to be fixed. There maybe foundational issues, cosmetic issues, or any issue that takes the value of the structure below what it truly could be worth (or was intended to be worth).

I've been created, purposed, and destined for greatness and its time for me to whole heartedly chase after that greatness. How, you ask?

Reconstruction has to start in the mind. I have "fat people" thoughts... "I'm too tired to workout" , "Vegetables are gross" , "I need a quick fix because exercising and eating right isn't fast enough". These thoughts and the thousands of "healthy life defeating" others I have are what keeps me from being successful at Weightloss.

Romans 12:2 says Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind... My tactic is to use positive affirmations and to counteract every negative thought with an equally positive one about the same topic. I have to make a conscious effort to speak life into myself.

Over this past year my health issues have only worsened. I look at my husband and my daughter and think about how selfish I'm being choosing to not take my health seriously. It's not about me, I need to be healthy for the one's I love. Life's too short to be obese and not be able to truly live.

If you're a fat chic like me stay motivated, be encouraged, and know that inside of every fat chic is a skinny chic waiting to come out.

1 comment:

  1. Julanda, you have taken the first really positive step!! People will tell you, "you are what you eat", and this is true, but if you change what you think, you will change what you eat! Praying for you, the victory is yours already because of Him!!

    ReplyDelete