Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fat Chic Burn Out

 Burnout: fatigue, frustration, or apathy resulting from prolonged stress, overwork, or intense activity. Waking up at 5 am and exercising 1 1/4  - 2 hours each morning and watching my calorie intake for the past 34 days has burned me out. I actually burned out around day 27 (which explains why I haven’t been back to the gym since that day). During those 27 days working out as intensely as I did I expected to be moving major pounds 10-15 minimum. So imagine my discouragement when I get on the scale and only see 6.6 lbs. That one weigh in turned the scale from my ally to my enemy and in that instance I started planning my attack on every scale in a 30 mile radius. I tried to be optimistic about my meager beginnings, but reality is that this sucks! So I used my February 5th birthday as an excuse to eat what I want and do what I wanted all week, but in actuality I’m just tired. I’m tired of working out and seeing small results. I’m tired of putting forth a ton of effort and not seeing the results.

In the past I would have given up by now. As I drop my head in frustration I’m reminded to read 2 Corinthians 4:8-10. I’m hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. I always carry around in my body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in my body.

That’s why I started this journey in the first place. I’m constantly asking God to use me as a vessel to show the world His grace and mercy and while my lips proclaim my love of God my body shows my disregard for His love. My body shows my lack of self control and God is a God of self control. I want this because I want Him to be able to use me to do whatever He’s called me to do and I don’t want my weight to hold me back any longer. Therefore, for the next leg of this journey I prepare my mind for action; I will be self controlled and set my hope fully on the grace to be given me when Christ Jesus is revealed.

If you get a chance watch our webcast/internet radio show every Sunday 2pm-3pm http://www.livestream.com/desmoinesamplified and you can also follow me on twitter @Poetic1_Melody.

And remember if you're a fat chic like me stay motivated, be encouraged, and know that inside of every fat chic is a skinny chic waiting to come out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment