Monday, December 13, 2010

Fat Chic Weakened

With the holiday's here, the battle of the bulge is in full effect. If your family is anything like mine holiday's center around tables upon tables full of food and that involves never eating more than one plate. You'd think that with these past few months I've been blogging, I'd spend more time boasting about weight successes. By the way, I lost 9.8 pounds :) WooHoo!!!!! How did I do that you ask? #1- My husband and I joined weight watchers (of which I have yet to follow the plan 100% and I've been in it so many times I could run my own meetings). #2-We also have a treadmill in our living room, with the intentions to walk on it (stay tuned to hear how far we get with that). #3-The last thing I've done is change the way I eat, now eating more vegetables, fruits, and meat is a requirement. I get reassurance with knowing God wants to give me the desires of my heart if I diligently seek him and let him know what I want. God wants me to be healthy to live a long life of service for Him. If you've ever had any struggles with weight or "kicking" any habit, you know with all of the good days comes an equal amount of bad days. My weight loss should be further, but I'm excited that I've started the downward spiral. In the instance my past weeks failures are brought to my mind God reminds me of my successes in Him. I will lose 100 pounds with Christ's help. I am not all that I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling me up to heaven.  And remember if you're a fat chic like me stay motivated, be encouraged, and know that inside of every fat chic is a skinny chic waiting to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment