Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Skinny Chic 4th Quarter


"There are 9 seconds left in the game...the score reads fat chic 5 / skinny chic 3...It's fat chic's ball and the game looks like there's no hope for skinny chic...there's always next season..."

It's the end of the year (9 weeks left), the beginning of November, and the dreaded holiday food season. This is the time where we "let ourselves go" for the sake of good times with family and friends. We tell ourselves we'll be back on track after the new year. That's right, we'll make a resolution to never be fat again, after January 1.  At least that's how the fat chic would have you look at this time of year.  Skinny chic's view life through a completely different lens.  

The skinny chic looks at this time of year as the 4th quarter.  We have 9 weeks left to accomplish a goal that we set out on 43 weeks ago. Even if we don't hit the goal on the head, a skinny chic never stops fighting, clawing, inching, step by step to get closer to that goal than she was yesterday. The 4th quarter is where we need to turn up the heat, turn on the hustle, and break through walls. This is when we scream at all seeds of doubt "YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!!" 

Personally, I set out a goal in September to lose 33lbs by my 33rd birthday (which is in February). I've been fighting day by day to reach this goal. I also set out a goal to complete the C25K running app once and for all. This app, like so many other things in life, represented everything I disliked about myself...Failure, lack of follow through, obesity, fear, weakness...It's an 8 week running plan to prepare you to run a 5K and I never made it past week 4 day 1...Well I STAND proudly saying yesterday I COMPLETED week 8 day 1!!!! 2 more days and I will have completed the ENTIRE PROGRAM!!!! 

This has definitely been hard, with yesterday's run being the hardest (I ran 28 minutes straight at 6.0 on the treadmill). I wake between 4am-5am everyday (weekends included) just to ensure that I get my workout in. Whenever I felt too tired to get out of bed in my head I heard "Do you want to sleep or do you want to be successful". If I was too tired to continue running I would yell out loud (Yes I said Yell Out Loud and Dare someone to call me crazy) "GET UP, THIS IS 4TH QUARTER".  This is not the time to rest, not the time to say "tomorrow", Your time is NOW! 

A life coach that I frequently watch on YouTube named Eric Thomas said, "You can have anything that you're willing to struggle for". Struggle, meaning fight for, go through the pain for, feel uncomfortable for, wrestle for, never give up on. 

Are you willing to struggle for your financial freedom? What about your health, are you willing to struggle today to live a full and rewarding life later? How about struggling today to accomplish your dreams, knowing that tomorrow the reward is immeasurable? YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER YOU'RE WILLING TO STRUGGLE FOR...the question is are you ready to put in this work? 

"There are 9 seconds left in the game...the score reads fat chic 5 / skinny chic 3...It's fat chic's ball and the game looks like there's no hope for skinny chic...but wait, skinny chic steals the ball from fat chic and scores 3 points to win the game!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!..."

Remember, you're the author of your story...

If you're a fat chic like me stay motivated, be encouraged, and know that inside of every fat chic is a skinny chic waiting to come out. 
DON'T FORGET:
  • FOLLOW THE BLOG
  • LIKE THE BLOG
  • SHARE THE BLOG 
AND FOLLOW ME ON:

INSTAGRAM @ SKINNYCHIC_FATCHIC
TWITTER @Skinnychic_Fatchic 
PINTEREST @FatSkinnyChic    


1 comment: